I wanted to include this picture in my previous post but I just forgot it. So here it is. Another stash-busting hat.

It is made of Debbie Mumm Traditions in Chocolate Raspberry. I used the same yarn to make these mittens a year ago and I am happy with the result again.
I finished the Lara hood! I used two strands of the same yarn (in grass green colorway) as for the Spring Forward socks. It turned out slightly bigger as I didn´t bother to check the gauge but I still like it a lot. I´m thinking of lining it with some fabric to make it warmer.
This was really a great pattern. The finishing is very clever and neat. I think I will use the applied i-cord more often. The only thing I did differently was that I didn´t join the hood in round when the pattern says that I should. I knitted the whole thing flat and then I sew it in the back. I did it because I always get a different gauge and the stitches don´t look the same when I knit in round.
I also finished the second pair of socks! It required a great deal of self denial to finish them. Especially the second one. But they made the recipient happy so it was all worth it. I gave the other pair, the blue Thuja socks, to my mom and she was happy too.

Now I am the one who´s unhappy because everybody has a pair of warm socks and I have none and I want them too! I think I should knit a third pair.
Your red hat is so cute - don´t you just love buttons? The more, the better...
OdpovědětVymazatI really love, love, love your Lara-Hood... it´s perfect: the color, the leaves, the I-cord... I just have to make one myself!
Wow, I know this "don´t have any socks myself"-feeling... I get this feeling with mittens and sweaters too ;-) Warm, cozy socks are so nice to wear... but not so nice to knit...
I love this hat, I just finished your Capucine hat and I'm in love with it. Do you have the pattern for this red one? it's adorable! What does it look like on? I'm going through chemo right now, so I'm always on the lookout for unique hats to cover my bald head this winter.
OdpovědětVymazatthanks,
Lori
http://bcimb.blogspot.com
Přemýšlím co se mně líbí víc. Ta knoflíkatá čapka je jednoduše skvělá, ale i na Laře "něco" je. Minimálně ta krásná zelená barva. Hezká práce.
OdpovědětVymazatZelená "Lara hood" je naprosto úžasná. Moc pěkné!
OdpovědětVymazatThank you all for your nice comments!
OdpovědětVymazatKristín: I DO love buttons! :D You´re absolutely right - the more the better.
The Lara hood is gorgeous. I´m thinking of knitting another one which would be slightly smaller.
I could use a sweater too. :-) But as for mittens I am well stocked. At least with fingerless. I can never understand why I hate knitting socks while fingerless mittens I don´t mind at all. It is basically the same knitting...
Pixie Bad-ass: I intend to improve the design a little and write down soon the pattern soon(February?). So far it doesn´t look THAT good on. I made the slit a bit wide (pictures on Ravelry - my nick is "shanin").
Kaatja: Dík! Na knoflíkaté ještě zapracuju. Takhle položená se mi líbí, ale na hlavě nevypadá 100% :)
wife & husband: Díkydík! :)
100 posts! Congratulations for that!!
OdpovědětVymazatI have been so terribly lazy lately! I seriously need to sit down in front of the computer and write something soon, hehe.
I love the green hood! It is so cuuuute! The pattern, the color, the leaves (super cute!!)... everything about it!
Bottons are amazing... there are endless shapes, colors, designs, mateirals, etc. Tt is so nice to treasure them until you find the perfect project to use them :)
Wow you are so inspiring!!!! I love your color selections and design finesse. I would love to make your sweet red hat too! Is it the same as the grey one you pulled out of unfinished hats and put beads and felt leaves on? If not would you publish that pattern too?
OdpovědětVymazatThank you for all of your inspiring knits.
Keep posting!
Erin
Hi Erin, thank you very much! :) The red one is basically the same as the grey one with felt leaves. The grey one is made of bulky yarn and the red one is made of worsted weight. I promise I will release the pattern as soon as I deal with current pressing pressing projects (there are only three more to go... :) ).
OdpovědětVymazat