At first I wanted to knit something for my friend who´s going to have a baby. I rarely put my hands on a yarn that is so cool and so soft and baby friendly at the same time. But after several awkward baby gift incidents that happened in the past ("Well... umm... thank you! But grey/dark brown/black+acid green for a BABY?" "Blue for a GIRL?") I reconsidered. Man should not break the rules - baby blue for baby boys, baby pink for baby girls. White is unisex (so don´t forget the pink or blue gender determining embellishment).
A mittens for my boyfriend´s mum. Yes. Better. Safer.

These are the Susie's Reading Mitts. Love them. My own mum loves them too but she has a bad luck - there are not enough skeins for all of us. I must have my pair too since they match my handbag. And she doesn´t wear greens and browns anyway. I´ll make her some nice pink-lilac Cashmere Island ones to comfort her.
Beautiful! I love your backdrop for the mitt being modeled, nice contrast in textures. How many pairs did you squeeze out of the two skeins? Now I want to dig out some of my brown Debbie Mumm Traditions and knit myself a pair! ;-)
OdpovědětVymazatThank you. DO knit a pair too! :-) One skein is enough for one pair and you will have some leftover. The leftovers from two skeins might be enough for a (shorter) third pair but I´m not sure. I must try it. :-)
OdpovědětVymazat