středa 26. prosince 2012

PhD socks and others

I am shocked. I checked my notes and realized that I had started knitting the Interlocking Leaves Socks (the purple ones) on 2nd July!


What is taking me so long? They were meant to be a Christmas gift for my mom. Shame on me, I didn´t make it on time. I finished the first sock in October but then my friend microbiologist called that she was defending her PhD thesis. I totally had to make some DNA socks for her! Pink ones. I dyed some Araucanía Ranco with pink food color and it turned out gorgeous! I used the June Oshiro´s DNA cable pattern .


This pair of socks sucked life from me. I am not sure why but I guess it has something to do with the cables. Hateful cables... After finishing these I just couldn´t force myself to get back to the second purple sock. I couldn´t force myself to knit anything. I thought that some instant-gratification project would motivate me so I quickly crocheted two pairs of fingerless mittens.


(Drops Muskat. A way to get rid of worsted weight cotton!)


(Debbie Mumm Traditions. A way to get rid of ANY worsted weight leftovers.)

Well, it didn´t motivate me but at least the mittens kept my hands warm when riding my bike to work. I didn´t knit anything for over a month which is rare. Three days ago I grabbed the needles again and it feels a bit better. I hope to finish the second Interlocking Leaves purple sock tomorrow.

And I hope to finish the Capucine pattern revision by the end of the year.

And I hope to write down the pattern for the buttony hat this week.

And I hope my I-hate-knitting period is over.

1 komentář:

  1. I love your patterns and colours. Could you tell me which ply yarn you have used for the Capucine hood? You have to go with the 'I hate knitting' phase! It will go!
    Kind regards, Shirley I. (BeadBag.blogspot.com)

    OdpovědětVymazat