neděle 23. prosince 2012

Cotton shawls


Cotton is not my favorite fiber to knit, to say the least. Yet I keep forgetting it over and over. It often happens that I walk by the cotton stuffed shelf in my LYS and I am struck by the most beautiful bright color or splendid sheen or whatever. And I buy it. I always think I find a use for it but i never do.

I find it hard to figure out small or medium-sized non-sweater/tunic project suitable for worsted weight cotton yarn. I always thought it would be heavy for something like a shawl but you never know until you try, right? I had this simple and brilliant Dichotomy pattern in my project queue for quite a long time. I am certain it would be niftier to knit it out of fingering-weight natural brown Blue Face Leicester wool (and this project is still in my project queue) but it also seemed as a great opportunity to disprove this dogma, deeply rooted in my head ("thou shalt not knit a shawl out of a worsted weight cotton yarn").

And here it is. Petrol blue mercerized cotton - DROPS Muskat - which I bought because it was SO very petrol blue and SO prettily shiny, and golden-beige noname cotton with some shiny stuff in it (shiny is muy importante).


I cannot even tell how much I love this color combination. Though the previously mentioned dogma has not been completely disproved. Worsted weight cotton surely is heavy for a large shawl.

The second shawl I made didn´t help very much. Dead simple crocheted thing. I thought it would be nice to have something like it but I can´t figure out how to wear it. The drape is... just weird. Not to mention that the dye bleeds - no, not bleeds but BLEEDS. Horribly. Interesting thing is that the shawl is navy blue and the color that bleeds is pure red.


Anyway I have to find some other cotton project because I have bought worsted weight cotton yarn again. In smaller quantity than sweater quantity.

Isn´t it nice?

(picture source)

1 komentář:

  1. Do you understand there's a 12 word sentence you can say to your man... that will trigger intense feelings of love and impulsive appeal for you buried within his chest?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, worship and guard you with all his heart...

    12 Words Who Trigger A Man's Love Instinct

    This instinct is so built-in to a man's mind that it will make him work better than ever before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

    As a matter of fact, fueling this dominant instinct is so essential to having the best possible relationship with your man that once you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll soon find him open his heart and soul to you in a way he haven't expressed before and he'll perceive you as the one and only woman in the universe who has ever truly tempted him.

    OdpovědětVymazat