sobota 18. srpna 2012

Sock contemplation

First of all I didn´t die. I just had some weird non-blogging/blog reading/ravelling period. My dear friends, I do not recommend such periods to anybody. It takes ages to put all the "new" projects and yarns on Ravelry.

Despite my "I hate socks" attitude many of the projects are socks and most of the yarns are sock yarns (which are actually meant to be turned into socks). Three years ago I used to wonder why there are people out there who spend their time and money on such a folly ("Hey, look at that! $25 yarns and people use them to knit SOCKS! Hahahaha!") and - BAM! - suddenly I am one of these freaks. At least I can still laugh at people who knit doilies.

These socks I made in January. They are made of DROPS Delight and DROPS Fabel. I have A LOT of Drops Fabel and Drops Delight in various colours. They are easy to get here lately and they are frequently on sale. They´re a bit scratchy so you´re not that tempted to use them for any other project than socks.


In March I thought that a pair of warm socks/slippers would be a good travel projects so I made these on a ski trip. These are my first toe-ups with a short-row heel.


Then I decided that a pair of socks would be a nice birthday present for my mom. She already has shawls and scarves and April is not a good month for giving hats and mittens.

The yarn is Drops Fabel again and the pattern is here.



Lovely, isn´t it? I mean... for a sock. I even bought a sock transfer device in order to make socks a more comfortable travel project. I bought it from this guy.


Another pair of socks is also striped and once again made of Drops Fabel.


You would think that these are already too many striped socks made of Drops Fabel but no. Hereby I humbly present another pair of such. This time I tried to make tighter gauge. My fingers were in pain at first but then the blisters turned to calluses and now I can knit socks day and night.



I have enough Drops Fabel and Delight to knit another fifteen pairs of striped socks. Just you wait!

6 komentářů:

  1. Glad to have you back! :) I have been checking back here every now and then since I knitted your awesome Capucine hat: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/DorotheaAmelia/capucine and I was beginning to worry... Lovely stripey socks!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Oh my god, what is that wonderful sock transfer device that would solve all of my problems? Do you know what to call it in english? I think my unconsciousness have been looking for something like that all of my life..!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. Hi! I am so so glad that somebody´s reading this after my long absence! :-)

    pseudologos: KnitPro calls it "DPN tube". http://www.knitpro.eu/Materialwise-size-Details.asp?id=81

    OdpovědětVymazat
  4. What pattern did you use for the first pair of socks? I love them.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  5. Hahaha, i love this post. Of course i came through that "knitting socks? wtf?"-period too. but looking at the statistics of my blog, i´am a sort of a sock-guru since 2009. :-) There´s everyday traffic on my sock-tutorials..
    P.S. and now i´m into doilies ;-)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  6. In this manner my acquaintance Wesley Virgin's adventure begins in this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL video.

    You see, Wesley was in the military-and shortly after leaving-he found hidden, "self mind control" tactics that the government and others used to get whatever they want.

    As it turns out, these are the same tactics tons of celebrities (notably those who "became famous out of nowhere") and elite business people used to become rich and famous.

    You probably know how you utilize only 10% of your brain.

    That's mostly because most of your brain's power is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Maybe this expression has even taken place INSIDE your very own brain... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's brain seven years ago, while riding an unregistered, beat-up trash bucket of a car without a license and $3.20 on his banking card.

    "I'm very fed up with living payroll to payroll! Why can't I turn myself successful?"

    You've taken part in those conversations, ain't it right?

    Your own success story is waiting to happen. You need to start believing in YOURSELF.

    CLICK HERE To Find Out How To Become A MILLIONAIRE

    OdpovědětVymazat