Anyway I never let myself to be cunsumed by work completely. Days are for work, evenings are for lace. And other things. But most importantly lace. February was in the name of Percy Shawl. I started knitting it 1st February and 29th February it was blocked. It is meant to be a birthday gift for my friend. She likes wearing black so I spent hours searching on Ravelry to find a pattern that would go with this colour. In the end I was deciding between Percy and Rock Island. Percy won but I´m queuing Rock Island and want to knit it in the future. Not in black! I hope that no one else will ever want me to knit a black shawl. Or black anything. Black (or very dark) is tricky to knit. I just don´t see the stitches.



What is the first word that comes to your mind when you see a black lace shawl? Is it "elegant"? Or is it "funeral"? For me it is the funeral.
The first word that came to my mind was: "Amazing!" I love that you used the frost flowers motif. It's enchanting. I have to knit something with it rather than just stare at it.
OdpovědětVymazatI agree that black is notoriously difficult to knit with. That said, I would like to make a black shawl like this one. This is Gothic in a very subtle way. I love it and I hope you warm up to it and your doubts go away ;-)
krásná práce, i černá může vypadat něžně :)))
OdpovědětVymazatwow, to vypadá skvěle. A i s perličkama!... no krása. Klobouk dolů. (pamatuju si jak jsi tak dva tři roky zpátky říkala, že pletení Ti nejde. Teď jsi profík :) Musím mrknout na ravelry z čeho to máš upletené. Je to dobrý nápad na dárek pro mamku. Mimochodem zjistila jsem že mám v prostějově příbuzné :))
OdpovědětVymazatMisiula: Thank you! :) The frost flowers motif is truly enchanting. It was a bit tricky to knit the first few rows but overall it wasn´t difficult. I like it when the lace pattern is patterned on both RS and WS rows. The WS rows aren´t so boring and you find eventual mistakes sooner.
OdpovědětVymazatAs for black... I must confess I am slightly biased against it. It doesn´t suit me very much. Too harsh. There is less and less black in my wardrobe every year and navy blue and all shades of grey take over its place. If I knitted the shawl for myself it would be navy blue. :) But I hope my friend will like it. She is very much into black.
ba_bum: Děkuju! :)
Katerina: Myslela jsem, že perličky budou opruz, ale nakonec mě to docela bavilo, stejně jako nopky. Celkově tam je kolem osmdesáti perliček. Určitě si dám někdy repete s větším počtem. :)
He he, vybavuje se mi, jak jsem kokukala na Zetor a Laminarii a říkala jsem, že tohle fakt nikdy v životě nedám. :-) Do profíka mám hodně daleko. Spíš je to tím, že to ve skutečnosti vůbec není složité. :-) Toto konkrétně je z jakési Filati di Qualita (co je to proboha za název?) od Mondialu. Mají ji v Brně v galanterce. Je zlevněná na 49,- Kč za klubko (280 m/50 g, 100% merino, hodně příjemná), protože trochu pouští barvu. Není to tak zlé. Voda při namáčení byla taková šedá, ale deku na které jsem to vypínala mi to nezabarvilo. Kdyby ji měli v nějaké mé oblíbené barvě a ne jenom v černé, koupila bych jí kilo.
Tak v Prostějově, jo? Vida. Třeba jsme sestřenice. :D
Hi!!
OdpovědětVymazatSo nice to see you posting again! And posting about the Percy shawl!!
You did a great job!! And hats off for having dared to make it in black!
Did you find the section where there is pattern on both sides challenging? For me it was a nightmare! Especially those purl 2 together through the back loop! (Though I am not sure if you had to make them... since I am left handed I have to change the decreases all the time!).
For me black... FUNERAL! Absolutely! I have never knitted a black lace shawl until now. And like you... I hope nobody will ever ask me to do so! :p
I am now knitting the Rock Island. What I like the most about it is that it doesn't have the typical construction (that is starting with the garter stitch tab) but something I had never tried!
I hope to see your Rock Island sometime soon!
Wow what a intricate pattern no wonder it took so much of you time to make ,it is beautiful but for me it is wrong colour.
OdpovědětVymazatvery beautiful this shawl! the colour and the pattern in laceknitting! mieke
OdpovědětVymazaturčitě je elegantní, pohřeb se mi při pohledu na šál nevybavil vůbec!
OdpovědětVymazatkrásný šátek,
OdpovědětVymazatsice moc nekomentuji, ale sleduji, u mě na blogu máš ocenění, třeba potěší :)))
AMAZING!! It´s so beautiful and elegant in black!
OdpovědětVymazatIt looks kind of like bat wings to me. My daughter wears a lot of black and loves bats, so I may end up making this for her. I wish it was crochet, as I am much better at crochet. In any case, even though black is so difficult to work with, you made a very beautiful shawl for your friend.
OdpovědětVymazatIt looks kind of like bat wings to me. My daughter wears a lot of black and loves bats, so I may end up making this for her. I wish it was crochet, as I am much better at crochet. In any case, even though black is so difficult to work with, you made a very beautiful shawl for your friend.
OdpovědětVymazat