neděle 2. října 2011

Deep Green

THIS is exactly what I wanted to achieve. I just cannot force my camera to take the green as it really looks like though the lighting is just perfect. I wish I were a better photographer... In reality it is much much nicer. A tealish rich deep green. It will make a great shawlette for my colleague who wanted a green one.




Yesterday I couldn´t resist and I ordered this book about dyeing. I can´t wait for it!

6 komentářů:

  1. The color looks great... it is very deep indeed.
    I totally understand you. It is sometimes very hard to get the colors look the same as in reality. One thing I always do is to try to take the pictures with natural light, even better if it is sunny (unfortunetely those are exactly the kind of days that are not seen so often around here). The other thing is if you use photoshop there is a very nice tool called light and shadows (if I remember well)... it helps a lot to make colors pop out and show better how they really are!
    What did you use to dye it? What shawl are you planning to knit? :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Thanks again! I don´t get much natural light in my appartment (well... I do but that time I´m usually at work) so I use Photoshop or similar programmes all the time. But sometimes it happens that no matter what I do I just can´t get the real color. It usually happens with reds (though the last picture with the red and blue skeins went out exceptionally true to reality and I didn´t even have to correct it in Photoshop) and blue-greens. I must read the Photoshop handbook sometimes and not just use it intuitively. :-)

    I dyed the yarn with food colors (green and black) and Coomassie Brilliant Blue G-250 (we use this in lab to stain proteins). I mixed them all together, painted the skein with a brush and microwawed it. I already used the yarn for knitting the Ginko Shawlette. :-)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. ta barva je fakt nádherná. Musím si zkusit taky něco obarvit. doufám, že to neodnese byteček :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  4. Neboj. Chce to gumové rukavice, potravinovou fólii (vždycky navlhčím pracovní plochu než na ni tu fólii dám, aby byla pěkně fixovaná k podkladu :) a nemůže se nic stát. Někdy teda pár dní trvá, než se ta barva vymyje z umyvadla, ale to je vše. :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  5. This colour is so beautiful! What did you use for the dye? I do a lot of natural yarn-dyeing with plants and seaweed and I LOVE it!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  6. Hi Kristín, thank you for visiting my blog! I used a mix of chemical dyes - black and green food colours plus blue protein dye. I mixed them all together and painted the skein with a brush.

    OdpovědětVymazat