

Light solid color would show the pattern better but it is still nice. I already gave it to my colleague and she was thrilled! I am glad for that. I was worried that it would be too small (only 250 meters of yarn!) but it was 140 cms wide after blocking. Fairly acceptable for a shawlette. I am glad that I didn´t knit it on 3,5 mm needles as I previously planned but on 4 mm.
The only thing I don´t really like about it is that the color bleeds (againnnn!). I thought I had fixed it well but when knitting the shawl I noticed that the yarn is staining my fingers a little. I soaked the finished shawl in a lukewarm water and it was quite O.K. Just a little bleeding. I warmed up the water and... oh my... Now that was a disaster. I guess that the green color I used (I used green, blue and black) was somewhat crappy and didn´t stick to the fiber as the other two did. I tried to wash it out but it was impossible. Finally I threw it into a washing machine (superwash wool - don´t worry) and thought that would do the trick. It didn´t. It must have washed out a lot of green for sure but yet the shawl did stain my white blocking sheets a little. I had to instruct my colleague to be sure to wear umbrella when raining and not to wear the shawl with a white coat. Good thing is that she wears a black coat and the bleeding issue didn´t lessen her enthusiasm for the shawl. A happy end I guess.
ty jsi ale neskutečně rychlá! další hotový šátek. No, možná když srovnám upletené metry, tak jsme na tom stejně, jenže ačkoliv jsem popletla tři 139m klubka, tak výsledek je stále v nedohlednu :)
OdpovědětVymazatškoda že barvička nedrží jak by měla, vypadá hezky. taky mám raději uni barvy, ale k tomuhle vzoru se to hodí.
I really like the color! I hope it won't cause any trouble to the owner, hehe.
OdpovědětVymazatOne question: Do you use blocking wires?
Kaatja: Ale houby rychlá. 250 metrů jsou dvě malá klubka. A na čtyřkách to přibývá samo od sebe. :-)
OdpovědětVymazatRod: The owner is happy with the shawl so far and wears it every day. But it hasn´t been raining since the day she got it. We´ll see then. :-)
I don´t use blocking wires, just pins. I would like to use them but I´m just lazy to go to the hardware store. I don´t like hardware stores very much. Men in there always make fun of me when I say something like "I would like to buy the thingie with that... thingie on the thingie on the top". "You mean "#@&#@)_*()"? "Uh, I really don´t know. Would you show it o me?... Yeah, yeah! That´s iiiiit!"
I love the colour and I just LOVE this shawl... I´ve been wanting to knit it for quite some time now!
OdpovědětVymazat