středa 25. května 2011

Spring shawl

Here is a Swallowtail Shawl that I knitted using the handpainted DROPS Fabel. The color transitions could have been smoother but I like it. Next time I´d knit it with bigger needles to make it more lacy.

It is my first shawl with nupps. I was a bit afraid of them because I often read how tedious they are to knit. I don´t see anything tedious about them at all. If you don´t knit the nupps too tightly you´ll have no problem with the p5togs. Sharp point needles might also help a lot.





I would love to give this shawl as a gift but the dye bleeds like crazy. So I´ll better keep it for myself. I tried to wash the dye out, from the yarn and then again from the finished shawl, but it seemed like wasting tons of water with no effect.

2 komentáře:

  1. Zvláštní, že to stále barví, já jsem tedy používala k potravinářským barvám jako ustálovadlo klasický ocet a vůbec to nepouští ???? Jo akorát jsem barvila 100% vlnu. Fabel je trochu směska, možná to bude tím, to vařím ale z vody...

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Mně to po barvení pouští jak kdy (většinu ale ne), přitom kyseliny dávám do vždycky zhruba stejně a víc než se doporučuje. Možná jsem to měla vařit déle... Chce to holt zkoušet a optimalizovat. :-)

    OdpovědětVymazat