But then I decided not to waste such a nice blue color on eggs and also stop pretending that I keep these traditions. I used it for dyeing yarn, naturally.
DROPS Fabel was the choice. The only white yarn I have that I don´t necessarily want to stay white.
I had to unwind it. Tedious...
.
.
.
Now there should have been a thorough picture report but I was so caught up in the process that I completely forgot to take the pictures.
.
.
.
Basically I immersed each hank into a separate jar full of water with citric acid and some dye. There was a different ammnout of dye in each jar. I cooked the jars in a big pot for about an hour. At first I wanted to do it like this but I would have to spoil the one and only big pot we have. The color is harmless but I didn´t want to explain everybody that they shouldn´t be afraid to use the blue pot for cooking meals. I eat a lot of pickles so I have a lot of glass jars. So glass jars were the way to go.
Tadaaa! Nice gradient. This will be a great shawl.
:)Já - srab - mám koupený barvy na vlnu od druchemy (už ten název :)) asi rok a půl a pořád přemejšlím, který hrnec odepsat... proč mě nenapadlo použít sklenice, hernajs?
OdpovědětVymazatJá na tom byla úplně stejně, ale shodou okolností jsem nedávno zhlédla nějaké video na youtube, kde paní používala sklenice. Tak jsem si řekla - hernajs, proč mě doteď nenapadlo použít sklenice? :-)
OdpovědětVymazatPotravinářský barvy to jo, vařit to ne. Já se zatím odvážila barvit jen v mikrovlnce a to ještě jen "levnou" českou vlnu :)
OdpovědětVymazatJá jsem taky zatím vařila jenom v mikrovlnce. A asi se k tomu vrátím. Osvědčilo se mi to víc. :-)
OdpovědětVymazat