This one is going to a drawer where it will stay until Christmas. Or somebody´s birthday. It is the Holden Shawlette made of DROPS Alpaca.
I like it. A lot. The picot edging looks totally cool but it was a pain to knit it. The edge row took me whole evening and then I couldn´t figure out how to block it. It is not very neat but it´s done. And I never want to knit a picot edge again.
So this is the liliac shawl! It is very pretty! I guess that the picot border was not meant to be "strongly" blocked... it looks really well curly as it is : )
I think the mistake was that I knitted the picots quite loosely so they are big and not well separated. I never know what the tension should be when doing different bind-offs. I guess that will come with practice.
So this is the liliac shawl!
OdpovědětVymazatIt is very pretty! I guess that the picot border was not meant to be "strongly" blocked... it looks really well curly as it is : )
I love it (and the green one). Beautiful work.
OdpovědětVymazatthora: Thank you!
OdpovědětVymazatRodPrjónar: Thank you again!
I think the mistake was that I knitted the picots quite loosely so they are big and not well separated. I never know what the tension should be when doing different bind-offs. I guess that will come with practice.
Binding off seems to be a problem not for me only!
OdpovědětVymazatI find it so difficult to find the right tension also!