sobota 12. února 2011

Extended vest

I finished the grandpa vest that I started knitting in January.





I actually finished it twice. I knitted it down-top and tried it on as late as it was completed (bad habbit!). It was way too short and looked terrible on me. I had to extend it. Wait... WAIT! How the heck do I rip a bottom ribbed hem of a down-top knitted vest?

It took me a short while to figure it out. I picked up the second row of the stockinette stitch above the ribbed hem, then I took scissors and - snip snip - cut the fabric between the stitches on the needle and the ribbed hem. One must be careful not to cut into the picked up stitches. Then I discarded the tiny bits of yarn that fell off, attached a new ball of yarn to the tail and that was it! Easy peasy. Mission accomplished. The vest is long and nicely warm.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat