sobota 15. ledna 2011

Induced investments

It happens to me all the time. I buy one or two skeins for a small project (or for no reason at all) but then I change my mind in favor of a bigger project. So I have to buy some more skeins. But first I start the project though I know I haven´t got enough yarn. In the middle of the project I go to the store and find out that the yarn is gone. Damn... Sometimes I´m lucky and I get the yarn in a nearby store but it often ends up getting the yarn on ebay for a ridiculous price.

This time I was lucky. First I bought two skeins for some felting experiments. Good quality for a fairly low price. But then I decided that the yarn deserved better than being ruined in a washing machine and I casted on a sweater. Luckily I managed to get two more skeins. They were the last ones. Phew...



The variegation makes the fabric look pretty oldschool. At first I was like ´meh, that looks like a grandpa vest´, but then I thought ´yay! that looks like grandpa vest!´ It´s a pity that I hate knittig cables so much. Grandpa vest without cables is just a half-way grandpa vest. But never mind.

2 komentáře:

  1. Grandpa vests rock! It's so funny you cast on a sweater vest, I was just looking at starting the Americano from Berroco. I can hardly wait to see your finished project...

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Americano looks cool! I´m going to cast on an another vest as soon as I finish this one (hopefully tomorrow evening). What a great thing a knitted vest is! And what a great way to bust the stash. :)

    OdpovědětVymazat