Hi! I'm a fan of this hat and am actually knitting it for a friend. However, I like my hats a little smaller like this version (I saw it in your Ravelry projects page)... If you would, how did you change it?
Hi Carol, are they smaller? I don´t really know, I knit them by sight, don´t count stitches, don´t count rows, try them on during knitting, sometimes rip and reknit. :-) I guess I casted on fewer stitches and then made fewer decreases than in the pattern (just to fit).
Thanks! I'll have to play with it a bit! My head is rather small so I'm afraid that the normal one would be a bit big on me. I'll have to play around with it. :)
what is the type or yarn used for this hat? also, what size needles is used?
OdpovědětVymazatHi, the yarn is bulky and super bulky. The needles are 5 mm. I guess many people would use bigger needles but I like the fabric tight.
OdpovědětVymazatHi! I'm a fan of this hat and am actually knitting it for a friend. However, I like my hats a little smaller like this version (I saw it in your Ravelry projects page)... If you would, how did you change it?
OdpovědětVymazatHi Carol, are they smaller? I don´t really know, I knit them by sight, don´t count stitches, don´t count rows, try them on during knitting, sometimes rip and reknit. :-) I guess I casted on fewer stitches and then made fewer decreases than in the pattern (just to fit).
OdpovědětVymazatThanks! I'll have to play with it a bit! My head is rather small so I'm afraid that the normal one would be a bit big on me. I'll have to play around with it. :)
OdpovědětVymazat