pondělí 6. prosince 2010

Pre-holiday hoarding

December. That means "OMG I have to buy all the Christmas gifts!" So I usually go shopping and I usually buy a lot of yarn and no gifts. Last week I bought about two kilos of yarn. And no gifts. Well, I actually did order some pipe tobacco for my dad online but nothing else.


(That´s not all the yarn I bought. Some skeins are already in the process.)

I am particulary proud of the green Excelent by Vlnap. It is a great yarn, 70% wool and 30% alpaca, and the colour is just perfect. Totally not like Vlnap at all. Sadly it has been discontinued so I guess I should stash some more greens and browns and blacks and maybe some creams.

Normally I would take some of these skeins and turn them into awesome gifts for all the people but it would have to be June or August. Meh, maybe next year. I think I should make some list of the things I should knit and stick to it or it´s gonna end up like this year. The one thing I know for sure is that I have to knit some more Baktuses. (Geez, what´s the plural of "Baktus"? This sounds weird...) Baktus is the awesomest scarf ever! It looks good and it is the quickest knit ever. Quick and mindless. Great for simultaneous watching movies. And everybody likes it.

I have recently finished one for my friend. It should match this hat which I gave her last year. And it does match it... perhaps with slight reservations.



I am pretty satisfied with this one. It has the perfect ammount of softness and chunkiness. And also the colour is great of course.

2 komentáře:

  1. Hezká sbírka :)... máš už něco upleteného z excelentu? koukám na něj mile překvapena - přesně jak píšeš, je to něco jiného než obvyklé akrylové jedůvky :)...zajímá mě jak se chová a jaká je na omak?
    chjo, jen abych něco upletla.. teď chci všechno dodělat, ale skoro půl roku jsem na nic nesáhla :(

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Z Excelentu jsem zatím pletla jenom nějakou čepici. Asi před rokem. Ale zrovna teď se chystám na ten zelený a chtěla bych začít plést šál. Konkrétně Gail/Nightsongs. Pletenina je příjemná, takový lepší průměr, řekla bych. Jde i dobře zaplstit v pračce.

    OdpovědětVymazat