úterý 20. září 2011

Andrea´s Shawl: checked!

Another shawl from my list is done. The intent was to knit rather a shawlette than a big shawl. I decided for the largest version because I read all the people´s notes that even the medium size is so small that you can scarcely wrap it around your neck comfortably. And I swallowed the hook. Well, guys, this shawl is two meters wide. Thank you very much. :P

But anyway it was a fun knit. I´d like to knit it again some day. Just smaller!




Heh heh, I grumble about the size but I am sure I will appreciate it when the outside thermometer shows me -15°C and wrapping the shawl just one or two times around my neck just isn´t enough.

After the summer knitting pause I didn´t have a clue what project to start. I still don´t have a yarn for the Percy an Miralda shawls (I expect it to be delivered in October) so... what to do? I decided to do something what´s new for me because new is always exciting. And I still remember my New year´s resolutions and that one of the things on the list were socks. So I casted on a sock. Namely the Spring Forward sock. One sock is already finished and the second is in the process. Quite fun but I think socks are not going to be my new addiction. I don´t like knitting with such thin needles. My fingers hurt.

Knit a sock: checked!


A propos in my previous post I mentioned the joy of baking things. While being on a visit at my parents (unlike me they have a super duper hi-tech hot-air oven) I bought a cake form and baked this apple cake. Delicious! (I just used much less sugar and added some lemon juice).

4 komentáře:

  1. I love stripes!! (but I must admit that hate to knit them! Changing the threar every 3 or 4 rows drives me crazy! I actually have an unfinished striped sock since july 2010! It is so cute but I am so lazy!).

    The colors you used are simply stunning! What is it with you and colors!!?? You're definitely a "color guru"! hehe

    Aple cake... humm!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Heheh, I´m no color guru. I just grabbed a skein of self-striping yarn. :)

    I don´t mind changing yarns for stripes but you´re right - when knitting small projects like socks or mittens it can be a little bit annoying. What I love about striped socks, mittens or sleaves is that striping makes counting rows SO MUCH easier! :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. šátek jse super. Musím potvrdit, že barvy umíš namíchat dobře :)) Mimochodem ten šátek co teď pletu bude asi taky krapet větší... tak můžem říkat, že je to teď v módě.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  4. Jak jsem se ti teď dívala na blog, tak velikost bude asi podobná. Půlkruhový tvar je ale pro tyhlety velké šátky podle mě lepší. Příště zkusím...

    OdpovědětVymazat