In fact I love the colours so much that I´ve started to be kind of obsessed with dying yarns. I have already dyed almost everything I have at home which wasn´t of satisfactory colour shade.
For dying I usualy use food colours. I buy them in a small drugstore across the street. Three weeks ago there was a plastic box full of these. Nobody usualy buys this stuff except for colouring Easter eggs. During these three weeks their stock was reduced rapidly. By me. Today I bought last two packages. I told the lady at the register: "You are out of food colours. I think you should buy some more." "Nooo, that´s not possible. There is a box full of food colours." And she went to the shelf and stared at the empty box. "What the heck... Somebody must have stolen them!" I ensured her that I paid for every single one. "But there was plenty!... What are you DOING with it?!" She got a bit carried away. It was funny. Anyway I hope she´s going to order some more. I really need it.
I think I haven´t mentioned yet that I bought some dog yarn at Aukro (czech auction server). Just out of curiosity. The seller turned out to be something like my colleague (biology student at the same university) so it was a pleasant deal.

It doesn´t seem to be usable for creating any garments because of the itchiness and more importantly for the strong funky smell (it smells of 100% pure fresh wet dog even when it´s dry). But I think I could turn it into a bag or a basket or something like that. I dyed two skeins yesterday. I used similar colours as for the yarn before. Accidentaly the colours mixed more than I intended but the result is not bad. I like the misty blue.

The red and orange fluff next to the dog yarn is a fleece I purchased here. One kilo was 320,- CZK with shipping. The fleece is quite rough. It looks like I´m going to make a big pile of bags this year.
Máme vlněnýho psa, ale neumím si na to udělat čas :(
OdpovědětVymazatBarvičky hezký, snad paní doobjedná
Ona ta psí vlna není nic moc extra. Prý je hodně výhřevná, ale já mám hlavně trošku strach, jestli je možné se úplně zbavit toho psího odéru. Před barvením jsem tu přízi dvakrát vyprala v šamponu, při barvení hodně naoctovala a pak nechala tři dny viset na balkoně ve větru. Teď už z toho vyčichl ocet a zase je trochu cítit pejsek. Zkusím na to vylít trochu Diora... :-) A pak už fakt nevím.
OdpovědětVymazatJak to pokračuje? Furt zatouchá? :))
OdpovědětVymazatRozhodla jsem se, že to předení musím zkusit, než mně skončí mateřská. Ale k chovu vlněné zvěře se zatím neuchýlím, koupím si česanec :)
Už to není tak zlé - jemný odérek. :-) Bohužel na zpracování budu mít čas nejdřív tak za týden nebo dva. Už mi každopádně nevadí mít to pod nosem.
OdpovědětVymazatJestli nakupuješ na ebay, tak rozhodně doporučuju to Wensleydalské rouno, ze kterého jsem předla minule. Kdybych chtěla kupovat v ČR v malém množství na pokusy, asi bych nakoupila merino od někoho na fler.cz